Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Favorites of 2011

It's now time for me to put together a list of my actual favorite movies that I saw in 2011. I admit that I haven't seen every film released, and there are many I still want to see, so this isn't so much a list of what could be considered the "best". This is a list of the films I was lucky enough to see that I saw as being above average quality.

10. Super 8

An enjoyable film made by lovers of science-fiction films for lovers of those same films.

9. Rango

Okay, so I might have not liked the flat humor in the film but its animation is quite gorgeous so it gets a spot.

8. The Adjustment Bureau

A great, if underused, performance by Terrence Stamp brought what could have been an unmemorable film to a higher level

7. Our Idiot Brother

A funny film that lacks any unpleasant cynicism

6. Paul

While watching it I realized that not only do I know people like the two main characters, I am people like the two main characters

5: 50/50

Humor in the light of excessive drama can be hard to pull off but this film manages to do so tastefully.

4: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Excellent special effects and an effective, mesmerizing performance by Andy Serkis recommend this film

3: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

No one is more surprised than myself that, being overall unimpressed by the franchise, I am putting this on my list

2: The Muppets

Didn't I say that this film would have a spot?

1: Rio

A wonderfully colorful, cheerful film that even several months since its release still is enjoyable to watch

No comments:

Post a Comment