Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Hangover Part II (Review) 2011


In the more than twenty-three years I have been going to the movies I have only walked out of two films. The first time was during Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. The second time was last night during The Hangover Part II.

Two years after the bachelor party in Las Vegas Phil (Bradley Cooper), Stu (Ed Helms), Alan (Zach Galifianakis) and Doug (Justin Bartha) travel to Thailand (referred to by Alan as Thighland). The guys wake up the next day in Bangkok not remembering the night before. So begins a reprehensible journey to discover what they did.

The Hangover Part II is devoid of any worth or soul. The entire picture makes light of realities in Thailand and says that they are funny. They aren't. Prostitution, Trafficking, animal abuse, riots, poverty etc. should not be used as entertainment like this. Everyone involved in this atrocity should be ashamed of themselves. Its attempts to "push the envelope" are disgusting and shameful. It doesn't border on the edges of bad-taste because to say that would be to imply that it had any taste at all. The last thing I heard was a transsexual prostitute saying to a man and I quote, "My load in you and your load on the floor" endquote.

Seven years ago when I walked out of Anchorman I was bored. When I walked out of this film I was offended and refused to subject myself to any more garbage. From speaking to others who did stay I am glad I didn't.

 It is presently June 4, 2011 and I think I can reserve this picture a spot on my list of the ten worst films.

No star rating

No comments:

Post a Comment